Thursday, July 16, 2009

Limpet Love

Of the thousands of different seashells made by Mother Nature, I have a few favorites. One of my favorites is the limpet. The aqua limpet to be exact, as there are a few different kinds of limpets, I believe. In addition, it seems that our clients prefer the aqua limpet as well, as whenever we sell anything with limpets, it sells straight away.

Here is a small photo frame with aqua limpets. See what I mean? It is simply irresistible!


While I am discussing this frame, I thought I would mention the incredible workmanship that goes into each frame. I have been watching my mother (our designer extraordinaire) make these for years, and often I will tell her that she doesn't have to go to such extremes when she makes these frames. In the event you have never seen one of our frames, you will find that our frames are meticulously done, with much of the back being shelled as well. As the business-woman of our company, I often recommend using less shells on the frames to save money, but my mother (once again, our designer extraordinaire) would never allow it.


She is a stickler for perfection, and would never allow a frame to leave our studio if it wasn't perfect. I truly respect her for taking this attitude. Honestly, the frames would be just as beautiful without her going to the extremes that she goes to, but she wants our product to be the best, and better than any other shell encrusted item on the market. And you know what? There are. We once had the opportunity to hold and examine a frame made by one of our competitors, a woman whom has literally stolen and copied our designs shell by shell. From the front, the frame looked similar (although no where's as beautiful). But the difference was in the little things my mom does to make her frames the works of art that they are. Our frames are much heavier because we use only the best quality of frames, and we never skimp on shells. Our competitors skimp terribly, and it is just so obvious once you see the finished product.


If you are in the market for an exquisite, one-of-a-kind photo frame, please consider The Shell Room for your purchase. We would be honored to design and build you a one of a kind piece, or you can choose from the many existing frames we have in our studio. If you have any questions, simply email us at info@theshellroom.com.

1 comment: